Thursday 8 September 2016

GOD, WHERE ARE YOU?

Hey there.. I will start by apologizing for being away for too long. Please, please accept my apologies. But now am back, and am gonna be around for a long time.

My pastor once told me, consistency is key. I have decided to be consistent, as the Lord helps me and leads me.

So, today, let's talk about that million dollar question. God, where are you?

Most times when we ask this question, it's usually because we are going through a rough time in our lives. We wonder why God would allow some things to happen, yet we serve Him. Why He would allow certain things to happen to us yet He said He will never leave us nor forsake us.

Hebrews 13:5 KJV
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

But this morning as I was I was worshiping, I found myself asking this very question. God, where are you? Not that I was wondering why He has forsaken me. But at that moment, I wanted to see Him and worship Him. Not just by the imagination of who He is. I wanted to see His face. Touch Him. Fall down at His feet and worship Him. I wanted to touch Him and adore Him.  Can you imagine for a second how that will be? Well, a second is just too short a time to think of such an amazing experience.. So let's make that two minutes. 😊

Like you'd be telling God how much you love Him, while you look at His face. I don't think "look" is even the right word to use. Gaze would be though. I mean, imagine all that beauty. Splendour. Think of the most beautiful person or thing you've ever laid your eyes on. Even that, ain't close to what God is. 

The Hebrew term for presence is "Panim". Meaning " face" . I like what the bible says in

Revelation 22:3-4 KJV
And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: [4] And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

Wow! This is an encouragement, to give us hope that indeed one day, we shall see His face. As I worshiped, God gave me a song and I got myself singing to these words, (I didn't record the melody though...😢😢)

Where are you
That I may come and bow down
Where are you
That I may come and worship you
Worship you in your presence
Show me your face, show me your glory
I want to worship you in your presence

And at that very last line. I asked myself if I was really ready to see His face. Would I be able to contain the awesomeness of His face? The ruler of everything. How mighty can He honestly be? Just the entrance of a president in a room changes the atmosphere. How much more God? The master of the universe?
Adam and Eve trembled at His presence.

Genesis 3:8 KJV
And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden.

I then realized how unworthy I was before God.
He is too righteous and holy. The self existent God.. He is God by Himself.. Not created by human hands. He is God and God alone. Powerful and wonderful! He is glorious. All we can do, is honor Him. Worship Him. Revere Him.

As we invite His presence, let's understand how great it is and what it can do. Being the Omnipotent God that He is we can be assured, that where His presence is, things must change. Your life, your situation can never remain the same when God's presence is in it.

So back to our question. Where are you God? In other words, how do we experience your presence?  This is how...

1. When we long for Him
Psalm 42:1-2 KJV
As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. [2] My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

2. When we have pure hearts
James 4:8 KJV
Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

3. When we worship and Praise Him
Psalm 22:3 KJV
But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.

My dear reader, I pray that you are inspired but above all, encouraged that if we keep our eyes on the prize, one day we shall see God face to face and gaze upon His beauty forever more.

Revelation 21:3-4 KJV
And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. [4] And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

In His presence there is fullness of joy and at His right hand, pleasures forever more.. In His presence, there is no more pain, curse, tears, mourning. Just joy! Ask your neighbor, "Do you have Joy?"

Love,
Luxo

No comments:

Post a Comment