Monday 12 September 2016

JUST WAIT ON HIM


I started singing when I was about 8 years old. The only language I understood was Luhya, my mother tongue, and I was  learning both Swahili and English at the same time. But who is my father? (Babangu ni nani?) 😂😂
He taught me English songs! Mercy!!
How the original songs sound when I listen to them now and how they sounded when I sang them back then, is a story for another day😂😂 Selah
(Pause, and think of that)

Anyway, for a long time I used to just sing gospel music until the day I got saved and became a worship leader. I moved from song leading to worship leading. The latter involves, doing it in spirit and in truth.
John 4:24 KJV
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. The former, only requires a good voice and skill.

But for the time, I have been a worship leader, I'll be honest and say, that there are times, you are almost tempted to just go through the motions. I mean, you're present in the body but not spirit. All you want is to go through the worship set.

It is self doing it and not the Spirit of God through you. So what do you do when you are in this place? What do you do when you don't feel like worshiping?  Because you don't want to just say words and not mean them.
I like the New International Version of

Isaiah 29:13
The Lord says: "These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is based on merely human rules they have been taught.

Mercy Lord!!

The secret is to wait on the Lord. We all know David as a great worshiper. But Psalms 40:1 shows us that David wasn't in the mood of worship all the time. And those times when he didn't feel like it, he waited on God.

Psalm 40:1-3 KJV
I waited patiently for the Lord ; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. [2] He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. [3] And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it , and fear, and shall trust in the Lord .
May God teach us how to wait on Him

Blessed day to you even as you learn how to wait on God☺

3 comments:

  1. Indelibly sired and intensely modulated

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speechless is what you have left me.But everything you have talked about is true

    The Lord is to be worshipped in Truth and spirit

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have learned a lot through this testimony

    ReplyDelete